Take your stance and place your hands as if gripping
an imaginary ball in front of you.
2. Pull both arms with equal effort through your
3. Your dominant hand knuckles will skim just above
the ground while pulling with your arms.
4. Keep your guide hand on top of imaginary ball
while pulling your arms.
5. Your dominant hand will work similar to throwing
a football, but do this between your legs.
6. Roll your dominant hand wrist so your forefinger
comes over the top to point back at the punter or
7. Then pull fingers and hand toward your forearm.
Your guide hand will be on top of the imaginary
2. Keep your wrist flexed at the start of the snap.
3. When starting the snap pull the palm of your
guide hand toward the forearm.
4. Finish with your fingers pointed at the punter
like your dominant hand.
5. Your guide hand does as it says, it helps guide
the ball in a straight line during and after the
Click here to see Patrick perform this with and without the ball.
Your hands should finish with your fingers pointing
toward the punter and palms facing up and out.